🔕 🔔

I have some split chicken breasts to cook for dinner...I'm wanting them to be really moist and yummy.

What's the best way to cook them (besides grill)?

asked by chinapans almost 7 years ago

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

If saute'd right a chicken breast should be moist and yummy. Just remember the term low and slow. Season your chicken breast with your favorite seasonings. With chicken I like to season long before I cook. Add olive oil or butter ( I like to use a 50/50 mix of butter and olive oil) and cook each side on low heat very slowly as not to drive the juices out. Turn, once it appears cooked halfway and finsh cooking on low heat to an internal temp of 160F let stand for a few minutes before cutting into. Or season, sear on one side, flip add a little wine put in a 350F oven until done. either way , makes a juicy chicken breast.

2533bc01 9fbf 4dad 86b7 85951822153d  2017 05 29 18 13 30

Thanks:) I'll try this tonight!

120b6edc 7926 4a78 9d36 220db11080b9  portrait

Brining never fails. If you brine them for 30 minutes to an hour in a solution of 1/2 c each sugar (white or brown works) and kosher salt per quart of water, then rinse and pat dry, they'll stay nice and juicy if grilled or sauteed (just don't add extra salt).

B0f2c3df 9bf7 43fc 8544 eb75ba85a60e  kay at lake

Soak them in buttermilk for an hour or so. Add a little extra flavor by wrapping them in bacon before cooking.

Browning and braising them works well. Say a 'cacciatore' style sauce.

E7de47cd 9d33 416b 84d2 56b51801a7d6  christine 28 small 1

Mark Bittman sutffed his with compound butter and grilled them. http://markbittman.com...

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I like Ina's method of baking in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes with just a rubbing of olive oil, salt, and pepper. From there, you can move forward with a number of recipes.