A question about a recipe: Hot Smoked Salmon, Soba and Asian Greens Salad

Dac69c2b 85b1 417b 849f 59acc40708ed  051810f 312

What kind of wood chips should I use for the indoor hot-smoking method used in this recipe? Thank you! ;o)

cheese1227

I like the 5-spice brine to be the main flavor so I keep the wood chips simple and use oak.

Thanks so much! What is the best type of salmon to buy? I've noticed that the flesh (firmness, texture, etc.) varies considerably. Thanks again. ;o)

cheese1227

I typically buythe coho salmon for this. But last week I was told it's out of season.