🔕 🔔

How do you make Hardy Boys smoked salmon?

I know it has something to do with salt, maple syrup and hot smoking... but what else/what ratio?

I have a salmon thawing from the freezer and really want to make either Hardy Boys or Candied Smoked Salmon. I Know I'm not in Port Hardy, but I'm on the same island, so I guess I could call it Hardy-ish smoked salmon.

Anyone got a recipe before this thing thaws out?

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Is this close? http://www.foodnetwork...

94ff4163 13ec 407a a53b 792c87641e55  fsm
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

Thanks Diana B. It looks like a good recipe, but where is the maple syrup? All the fishermen I know from Port Hardy (where Hardy Boys smoked salmon comes from) say they use maple syrup as the main curing ingredient. Some also mention a mixture that they brush on the salmon as it's smoking.

It's a shame they are so secretive about the actual recipe.

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Here's one that might be close...maple syrup in the brine and a honey baste..
http://www.food.com/recipe...

trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

Thank you inpatskitchen, that's much closer to folk lore I've heard.