🔕 🔔

- If a recipe calls for baby leeks and I can't find them, can I use regular leeks? What's the ratio from baby to big?

asked by @jovandermaas over 6 years ago

I would just look for the slenderest leeks I could find.

My leek supplies are pretty irregular, so I do tend to use whatever I can find. Even when I use them raw (in potato salad...), either works fine. If you're cooking them it should make even less difference.

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

You may want to substitute scallions or spring onions. I've used them with success...

Think in terms of cups of measured leek and don't worry if they are big or small.

Of course you can.