A question about a recipe: Red Pepper Jam!

I have a question about the recipe "Red Pepper Jam!" from ChezSuzanne. I love, love, love this recipe. Want to incorporate it into an appetizer. Any ideas?

• Posted by: SKK
  • May 11, 2011
1fb533d5 ed62 4ffc 8bb1 e8097aa98681  p1040302
Recipe question for: Red Pepper Jam!

Preta75
Preta75 May 11, 2011

I went to dinner at a friends and had it on the side of a Spanish Jamon Croquette. I have paired it with a cheese platter and one of my favorites is making mini cheddar tarts and filling the bottom with the jam and baking the tarts filled with the jam. Sometimes I add some goat cheese and the jam on top and bake like that. They are a yummy pop in your mouth. Not sure if that helps but its great to find out different ways to incorporate Red Pepper Jelly.

TheWimpyVegetarian

Thanks SKK! This is a new recipe for me, so I'll be interested in seeing all ideas too! Some initial ideas are, for a hearty app youcan do lamb sliders. My other ideas are around crostini: putting the jam on crustini and topping with feta cheese crumbles or mixing with roasted eggplant for a crostini spread or dip, also love Preta75's cheese tart idea above.

ALittleZaftig
ALittleZaftig May 11, 2011

Maybe smear it on little corn cakes or on a wedge of farmer cheese or on a sweet and simple British-style oatcake...

aargersi May 11, 2011

I plan to make a batch and serve it on our Memoril Day table - we are grilling up burgers and dogs and there will be loads of other stuff so folks can pile it on whatever they like! I will also be putting out AntoniaJames' green tomato chutney as well!