🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Zucchini Ribbon Quiche with Roasted Grape Tomatoes

20d3e0d8 5af0 484a affc b1567d31d05e  zucquichewhole

I'm having friends over for brunch & we'll be taking a hike before we eat. I would love to prepare this in advance in the Springform Pan & stick it in the fridge until we get back (about 2-1/2 hours later). Then bake it. Is this asking too much of the Springform Pan & The Zucchini sides?

asked by Phoenix Helix over 6 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I would worry about leakage - I would prep everything and store it in something other than the springform - then just pour and bake when you get home!!!

9920059c c14d 4755 965d d880979c2f61  monkeys

If you want the zucchini to really be on the sides then I think you have to bake it right away. If it sits, the egg will really seep through and you'll get a more eggy side. It will probably taste fine though. You could also consider baking it beforehand. Then, when you get back rewarm it in a hot oven until it is warmed through.

9ed12a6a b9d2 4d9d 9def 48ceb8acfccc  phoenix

Great advice from both of you. Due to the zucchini sides, I like the bake ahead idea. Sometimes I just need people to tell me what I already know (but wish wasn't true). Thanks for being the voices of sense. ;-)