🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Fresh Sriracha (aka, home made 'Rooster')

6c7bca05 a263 4655 9901 89360727fdf2  08310f52 me 0047

I have a question about the recipe "Fresh Sriracha (aka, home made 'Rooster')" from edamame2003.I am not familiar with palm sugar-is this like turbinado?and if I can,t find what is a great substitute?Thanks

asked by bigmike1 over 6 years ago

8c98c3fd a431 4ea2 97e4 20e3da713ce7  eda takoyaki cooking

palm sugar is coconut sugar--may be tough to find. you can order online: http://www.ultimatesuperfoods...
you can use regular cane sugar 1:1...

2269774e 64e7 47ec 8fb3 d6fb03cce199  debbykalk photo

I found it at a Thai grocery in a small jar (1 lb or about a pint-sized jar). For this recipe you only need a small amount but it's like regular sugar in that it doesn't go bad. I also found it in a big Asian supermarket but it was in a huge container (probably a half-gallon sized), so I passed on that. Palm sugar has a unique flavor that is less sweet and not cloying compared to regular sugar. BTW, this recipe is sensational!