The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

261aa0df 1c82 4ea9 a1d0 2284398562fe  andrea nguyen 2016b cropped credit genevieve pierson common thread creative
Andrea Nguyen

Andrea is a cooking teacher, food writer, contributing editor at Rodale's Organic Life, and a cookbook author; her latest book is The Banh Mi Handbook.

If the coconut sugar you have is "coconut palm sugar" then that's palm sugar. It's not as sweet and lacks the finesse of regular (more moist) palm sugar. Add it to taste. Or try a 1:1 ratio of coconut palm:light brown sugar. I usually use light palm sugar for my homemade Sriracha; that can be subbed by light palm sugar. Does edamame2003 specify which kind of palm sugar? There are 2 basic kinds -- light and dark palm sugar.

For reference, see my recipe: http://www.vietworldkitchen...

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Ah! Thanks for the info! Recipe just says palm so I think I will use what I have!

8c98c3fd a431 4ea2 97e4 20e3da713ce7  eda takoyaki cooking

Hi there! Palm sugar is basically coconut sugar...so go with that; or brown sugar works too! thanks for trying the sriracha!