Andrea Nguyen
Andrea Nguyen

Andrea is a cooking teacher, food writer, contributing editor at Rodale's Organic Life, and a cookbook author; her latest book is The Banh Mi Handbook.

If the coconut sugar you have is "coconut palm sugar" then that's palm sugar. It's not as sweet and lacks the finesse of regular (more moist) palm sugar. Add it to taste. Or try a 1:1 ratio of coconut palm:light brown sugar. I usually use light palm sugar for my homemade Sriracha; that can be subbed by light palm sugar. Does edamame2003 specify which kind of palm sugar? There are 2 basic kinds -- light and dark palm sugar.

For reference, see my recipe: http://www.vietworldkitchen...

Ah! Thanks for the info! Recipe just says palm so I think I will use what I have!

edamame2003

Hi there! Palm sugar is basically coconut sugar...so go with that; or brown sugar works too! thanks for trying the sriracha!