🔕 🔔

Any smart tips for getting then garlic smell off fingertips? Love the taste, hate the smell!

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

If you have a stainless steel sink, just rub your fingertips over it. You can also buy a stainless thing that looks like a bar of soap - kitchenware stores generally have them.

The back (dull side) of a stainless steel knife blade also works! I typically rinse my chef's knife immediately after chopping garlic, to get the sticky stuff off, and make a point of rubbing my fingertips carefully over the broad sides of the blade at the same time. Works like a charm . . . . ;o)

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

I use lemon and rub them on my fingers ...

Old fashioned (Morton) table salt works well, too.

27e464b9 6273 420b 9546 d6ed6ae12929  anita date
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

Garlic smell on my fingers is one of my favorite things in the world.

A3d3ebaa 1d24 4e10 bd65 81cec152bc7f  sept13 215 copy

What Antonia said works but any stainless steel surface will work the same. I prefer to use the side of my stainless steel sink.