Any smart tips for getting then garlic smell off fingertips? Love the taste, hate the smell!

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 7 years ago

If you have a stainless steel sink, just rub your fingertips over it. You can also buy a stainless thing that looks like a bar of soap - kitchenware stores generally have them.

The back (dull side) of a stainless steel knife blade also works! I typically rinse my chef's knife immediately after chopping garlic, to get the sticky stuff off, and make a point of rubbing my fingertips carefully over the broad sides of the blade at the same time. Works like a charm . . . . ;o)

wssmom

I use lemon and rub them on my fingers ...

Melusine

Old fashioned (Morton) table salt works well, too.

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

Garlic smell on my fingers is one of my favorite things in the world.

Dabblings

What Antonia said works but any stainless steel surface will work the same. I prefer to use the side of my stainless steel sink.