A question about a recipe: Lemon-Oregano Leg of Lamb

8d31a21d c0e1 4a21 82a0 ae07cdc322fd  2014 0415 wc lemon oregano leg of lamb 013

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Lemon-Oregano Leg of Lamb" from CherylDLee. It says:

"In a small bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, oregano, salt and red pepper."

What is a Meyer lemon? Is it different from the lemons sold in supermarkets?

asked by Kathleen5723 over 7 years ago

phyllis

Meyer lemons are originally fro China and are lemons with a hint of orange or mandarin orange. They are generally less acidic and a little sweeter than regular lemons. It's becoming easier to find them in larger supermarkets and Whole Foods. When I can't find them, I generally just use a regular lemon/lemon zest. If I have an orange, I'll add a bit of orange zest.