🔕 🔔

Quick! Your favorite non-gross decaf teas that are actually made with tea!

asked by Sami over 7 years ago

I like Twinings decaf English Breakfast and Earl Grey (except bergamot gives me leg cramps). They have a slightly richer flavor than the Stash equivalents.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Twinings.

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

What's next? Dericeified Rice? Green tea is pretty low caf to begin with. I like to begin my day with genmaicha, which is green tea with toasted brown rice. Lovely aroma. But could we just stop taking the good parts out of everything?

pierino: I totally agree-- except that even small amounts of caffeine have been setting off my panic attacks and keeping me from sleeping since I started grad school, and I needed someone to point out actual tea that doesn't taste like crud that's lacking in that stimulant!

9ae16185 c926 440b aee2 e06da25bf123  mlt yogateau 1

Are you looking for a decaf version of some type of Builder's tea? I love PG Tips decaf. When I can't get my hands on that, I drink Barry's decaf, Typhoo decaf or Tetley's decaf (though this is a last resort tea as it's a tad toothless in the taste department.)

i love decaf layt gray, its my favorite. All the Twinings decaf teas are good. I also love Yogi teas decaf chai, its a real treat with milk and sugar.

Trader Joe's decaf Irish breakfast tea is the only decaf I've ever tried that has any flavor at all.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

http://www.crazyfortea...
Check this link for a method of taking 80% of the caffeine out of any tea. In 30 - 45 seconds of brewing, caffeine is released. Pour this out and brew again to release the real flavor of tea. It's water-process decaf! In my experience, the flavor is good.
The article also helps choose a quality commercial decaf.

Good suggestion for water process decaf. My favorite herb tea is rooibus, favorite blend is Lady Myrtle from Simpson and Vail. They do a beautiful job of blending, Their assams are to die for. Great family run company.