🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Grown-Up Birthday Cake

49cd4512 1b79 4bca ad90 db76a0302b35  grown up birthday cake

I have a question about the recipe "Grown-Up Birthday Cake" from Midge.
Can I substitute equal amounts of GF all purpose flour for regular flour in this recipe?

asked by Jmats over 6 years ago

Fbc31129 dd77 4f50 92da 5ddc4a29c892  summer 2010 1048

I've never worked with GF flour so I'm sorry I can't help. Any gluten-free peeps out there that can advise?

0337e045 7f1c 48a8 8aaa 65ec9ac96b5d  jeani photo 160 size from blog delightfulrepast

I haven't looked at that particular recipe yet, but I substitute various of my GF blends for AP flour all the time with great success.

Are you substituting equal parts? Are you adding thing extra. I am really trying to learn how to convert great recipes to great GF recipes.
Any tips on conversions would be appreciated.

Jmats, I make a few different blends of GF flours -- go to my blog http://delightfulrepast... and check the Recipes index page -- and use them in equal measure to AP flour in recipes. Xanthan gum is a necessary "extra" for most recipes.