A question about a recipe: Grown-Up Birthday Cake

361a48e7 a614 4547 a065 3785413e224a  2018 0404 grownup birthday cake 3x2 bobbi lin 10257

I have a question about the recipe "Grown-Up Birthday Cake" from Midge.
Can I substitute equal amounts of GF all purpose flour for regular flour in this recipe?

asked by Jmats about 7 years ago

Midge

I've never worked with GF flour so I'm sorry I can't help. Any gluten-free peeps out there that can advise?

Jean | Delightful Repast

I haven't looked at that particular recipe yet, but I substitute various of my GF blends for AP flour all the time with great success.

Jmats

Are you substituting equal parts? Are you adding thing extra. I am really trying to learn how to convert great recipes to great GF recipes.
Any tips on conversions would be appreciated.

Jean | Delightful Repast

Jmats, I make a few different blends of GF flours -- go to my blog http://delightfulrepast... and check the Recipes index page -- and use them in equal measure to AP flour in recipes. Xanthan gum is a necessary "extra" for most recipes.