Wahoo - Grilled or pan seared??

Just picked up some fresh Wahoo and am trying to decide whether to grill it or pan sear it in some olive oil and butter. Any ideas?

asked by CaryNC over 7 years ago

I'm a big fan of pan searing. You get that nice caramelization on the surface, and can better control how fast it cooks. It's delicate enough that it might get away from you - well, so to speak - on a grill.

Helen's All Night Diner

The only time I've had Wahoo was in Aruba. We had it out on a pier, fresh caught and grilled over a makeshift drum grill. It was awesome!

Tony S

Both are great. Grilled works well because of the oily nature of Wahoo, you should not have any issue with sticking.