🔕 🔔

Best technique for tri tip in the oven?

I have steak that I need to sear and finish in the oven. I pre-salted it and now its in the fridge. What should I do to sear it? I don't have a cast iron, so Im going to use a stainless steel pan. Do I put olive oil on the pan before I sear it? And How long do I keep it in the oven?

Really Appreciate it.

asked by Kristi Choi about 4 years ago

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

hi Kristi. I'm not sure what a tri tip is, but I've done this technique a bunch of times with sirloin steak and it was seriously the best steak of my life. http://vimeo.com/fudehouse...

I guess it is too late for you, but tritip is usually refered to as a roast, not a steak. Do you have a steak size piece cut from it? Either way, oil to sear and finish in the oven until medium rare is the way to go.