🔕 🔔

- any ideas for random snacky things I can make at the beginning of the week and keep around all week for munchings?

asked by @pirategirljack almost 7 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I make bran muffins for my husband every week: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

You could also make granola, toasted pita chips and a dip, crackers (Here's another recipe of mine: http://www.food52.com/recipes....).

I also like to keep bowls of cut up raw vegetables (radishes, carrots) for snacking. (I find that I'm more likely to munch on them if they're cleaned and in my refrigerator than I am if I have to prepare them first.)

120b6edc 7926 4a78 9d36 220db11080b9  portrait

I like to have some spiced nuts around for snacks - good nutrition. I just lightly roast whatever I've got - almonds, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pine nuts - in a 350 oven for 10-15 minutes and then spray lightly with Bragg's Amino Acids and maybe toss with some curry powder, chili powder, or whatever spices strike my fancy. You can also toss the nuts with a tablespoon or two of melted butter and a mix of cinnamon, sugar and a drop or two of vanilla extract before roasting for a sweet treat, or with butter and cumin, turmeric, ground ginger and a bit of salt before roasting for something savory. Proportions are approx. 2T butter and 1/2 to 1 tsp of each spice per 8 oz nuts, but really it's hard to mess this up as long as you don't wildly overdo the spice.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

Are we talking dry snacks or is wet work appropriate? Because....