Holey mango, Batman!

C3a796d9 b00c 4a84 9cd3 5756fdbd837f  2011 05 24 09 51 11 364

I just cut open an Ataulfo mango I bought yesterday and there are holes in the flesh near the pit. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Any ideas what causes this? any problems with eating it? Tastes just fine, just looks odd... Thanks!

asked by Helen's All Night Diner over 7 years ago

I've seen those holes before and totally ignored them -- and I'm still here!

Yeah me too - I just cut them away ... those mangos are the BEST!

Panfusine

the story that went around in India about those spotty mangoes were that wasps or bumble bees had sat on the blossoms & these were supposedly the best because of that! similar stories abounded around guava's (in trees) that were nibbled by squirrels were supposedly the sweetest!

betteirene

What Panfusine says, except in the Philippines.

Helen's All Night Diner

Thanks everyone! I did eat it, tastes just fine. If you don't hear from me in the next day or two, you'll know something went wrong! LOL