🔕 🔔

How and how long can I store browned butter?

Will it go back to being solid in the fridge? I cooked it up to make some Madeleines but something came up and I can't finish them tonight.

asked by esti_brennan over 6 years ago

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

Yes, it will go back to being solid, but I have been able to keep it for a couple days.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Make "Ghee" clarified butter instead. It stores a long time in jars at room temp or in the 'fridge...9 months or more in the 'fridge.

It might take a pound of butter to make a jar...but for frying items it doesn't burn and take a higher temp. A very handy, easy product to make at home, to store and use. the flavor is 'nutty' rich. And I highly recommend making a batch to use for any 'brown butter' application.