How long does chicken broth keep?

I opened a can two nights ago and put the unused portion in a plastic container in the refrigerator. Is it still good to use tonight? Thanks!

asked by dr98 almost 7 years ago

Yes. About three days is a good rule of thumb. The USDA says 3-4 days for chicken broth.

It should keep for a week in the refrigerator, but after 3 days I always boil it before using to be safe.

Chef Krull

You can always freeze it. I make large amounts at a time and freeze them in usable portions. It can be kept this way for quite a long time.

http://www.stilltasty.com... Found this web-site that gives a definitive answer.