🔕 🔔

I'm looking for a place to get cheap glass jars or canning jars in NYC. I feel like every place I find is way too much.

asked by @agmalivesinbk almost 7 years ago

42e3512e 6db3 444c 95b0 960af357338d  bmp 9375

You can see if your local market will order them in for you by cases of 12. If you want to you can also order them in from www.fillmorecontainer.com They have great prices and service, but you will have to pay for shipping. They are located in PA. They have both 8 oz and 4 oz jars that fit the standard Ball Canning Lids.

Do you have a hardware store nearby? I get mine at an Ace hardware-type place and they're always super-cheap. But I don't know if you have access to one (or have already tried).

Ddd52943 cdf0 4edb a2d4 73aa286607f0  399571 2853636453848 1694221275 n

Have you tried Fishs Eddy? What's the price point you're looking for?

Second the hardware store - I've gotten them at mine in Brooklyn - and also Target sometimes has them, but might want to call ahead - they are usually in the seasonal section.

Ace Hardware has the best prices around here too, by far, for all canning jars, lids, and equipment. ;o)

I agree with TiggyBee on Fishs Eddy (two locations, uptown and downtown). But basic Ball jars are pretty easy to find. You might try Fairway too. And I forget the name of the kitchen supply store that's way up town, but somebody else will, I'm sure come up with it.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Late to the conversation --- if you can find used jars (no nicked glass rims), they can be reused indefinitely. All you need is new lids, maybe new metal rims, which should be readily available (at the hardware store, no doubt). If you have access to freecycle.com, put out a request.