🔕 🔔

NEED HELP!!!! Are baby red dandelion greens tender enough to eat raw? and do they taste the same as the green ones?

asked by brandon over 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Have you tasted a leaf? If not, taste one and see what you think!

If I could taste one right now, I wouldn't need to post a question on food pickle.

27e464b9 6273 420b 9546 d6ed6ae12929  anita date
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

I just used some in a salad at work today and they are tender and good raw. But you should mix them with other greens to cut the bitterness. It is nice in moderation but not as the base of a salad...unless you are really into aggressive flavors. Also, lighten up! We're all just trying to help :)