🔕 🔔

I have a bunch of dill. What should I do with it?

asked by @shanlee almost 7 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Make a green sauce for fish or veggies: sour cream, a little mayo, horseradish, scallions, lemon juice and a whole lotta dill!

C7510721 e177 481e 8125 7c4d04f5c4e8  canposter

True Swedish Meatballs require a load of dill for the sauce.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Autumn weather is finally here, so just yesterday I made one of my favorite things involving dill - a big pot of split pea soup (simmered with a smoked ham hock.) Another favorite for using a big bunch of dill is gravlax, plus the classic sweet dill/mustard sauce to serve with it.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

I'm down with the "fish" recommendations. The flavor of dill goes very well with salmon; especially wild salmon. Salmon en papillote (baked in parchment), or sturgeon for that matter.

14ce7dbb fd9c 4fcd b8a5 6a86abe01445  111

You might like a yogurt and dill combination. I love making lamb kofte pitas with yogurt and dill sauce, but it also works for cold veggies too, a la Liz the Chef's recipe: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

carrot dill soup or a green sauce with cucumber, dill, parsley & greek yogurt etc (salt generously).

I find the combination of dill and potatoes to be very satisfying.

Make lacto-fermented pickles! Lots of them!! Yummmmmmm. ;o)

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Stuffed Baked Potatoes from the Enchanted Broccoli Forest by Mollie Katzen. Also a yeasted dill bread with milk and white flour is delicious. Can't remember where the recipe came from but just use a cottage loaf recipe and add a lot of chopped fresh dill. Makes an unbelievable egg salad sandwich. My favorite egg salad is in Nancy Silverton and Mark Peel's family cookbook (when they were still a family, :(