Looking for a good poppy seed dressing recipe for salad greens!

--one only slightly sweet and not gummy. Any recipes or suggestions where to look?

asked by jeneric over 7 years ago

would this work for you:

This slaw has a poppy seed dressing --

beyondcelery

This is my aunt's dressing; I don't know where she got it from, but it's delicious! I usually back off on the sugar quite a bit, taking it down to more like 1/4 cup. This also makes quite a lot. Unless you're going to keep it in the fridge and use for a few days, cut the recipe in half. My aunt has a family of 7, so all her recipes tend to make enough for a restaurant.

2 tsp. minced onion
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbl. poppy seeds
2 Tbl toasted sesame seeds

jeneric

Thank all of you for responding! I will be making several test batches this week. My ten year old will be so happy--she had poppyseed dressing at a friend's and asked me to make it. It was the gateway dressing for her; she preferred naked greens up till that point.