🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Croissant French Toast

Bef1e647 f76c 433a 98ec f89d8febbe5e  062111 90

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Croissant French Toast" from merrill. It says:

"Whisk together the eggs, orange zest and juice, vanilla and milk in a large shallow pan or bowl. Meanwhile, warm the maple syrup in a small saucepan and stir in the Cointreau. "

This sounds amazing! I want to make it for guests but they do not consume any form of alcohol. Can I substitute the cointreau with anything non-alcoholic?

asked by Golab about 6 years ago

94d3d922 0c09 4916 9398 e8dc022fa2d0  lobster 001

For the orange flavor that the Cointreau or Grand Marnier provides you could substitute a teaspoon of orange zest maybe?

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Orange flower water is a good substitute.

94ee9bac 036c 42dc 8e3c 463f8ef71598  sangak1

thanks merrill and nannydeb! I'm really *excited* to try this out! :-)