🔕 🔔

Storing salsa verde

How far in advance can I make this? Does it keep well in the fridge or is it better the day of?

asked by gluttonforlife about 6 years ago

I usually make it as needed, but I have a feeling a day ahead would be fine. Maybe better. If you decide to try, please let us know how it is.

C4b35b3e a030 4605 bcae f5a7ba4644f4  sausage2
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

In my experience, the flavors keep a couple of days, but the color goes a little brown.

I make it and keep it in the fridge in a jar fr quite a while. With enough olive oil, it's a good way to keep chopped herbs around.

Make it a day or two ahead but don't add the acid until right before serving and taste for salt

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

Italian or Mexican? The consensus when I asked this last year was not to freeze Italian salsa verde but I did freeze some Mexican style this winter and it was fine