Dry Rub on SlowCooked Ribs

I have some St. Louis ribs that I'm going to try slowcooking then finish on the grill. If I put the ribs into the slow cooker with 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar and cook them on low for 6 hours, will I still be able to get a dry rub on them before I put them on the grill - or will they fall apart on me like a pulled pork?

TIA!

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 7 years ago

nannydeb

I wouldn't put them in the slow cooker first because they will fall apart. The hard part is to get them very tender without them falling off the bone.
I recommend dry rubbing them and loosley wrap them in foil on a baking sheet (you can add the cider vinegar to this) and put them on the grill away from the heat. Keep the heat low (under 300) and cook them for a couple of hours. Then finish them on the grill over the heat for about 10-15 minutes. We usually do this on the smoker and we add bbq sauce when finishing them. You'll get tender meat that won't fall apart.