question about recipe: Lemony Lentil Salad :by green lentils I assume you're referring to the french Puy lentil? Have both, just making sure

0e7cbfe0 c90b 4610 abcb 815d08d325e2  lemon lentil salad 1

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Lemony Lentil Salad" from cookingafterfive. It says:

"While the cauliflower roasts, make the lentils. Bring 2 cups water to a boil and add lentils. Boil until cooked through, about 30 minutes. (Check the package instructions and test as you go; cooking times will vary.) Drain any remaining water and place in a large bowl."

asked by Panfusine about 7 years ago

nicolecooks

I used green lentils (they also go by the name brown lentils, I believe), but any lentil you have will work. Black beluga lentils would be a lovely color contrast!

Or brown masoor, one of my favorites! Nice firm texture, like Puy, with a wonderful flavor . . . . Love this recipe, by the way. ;o)

Panfusine

consummate hoarder that I am I have all three varieties, green, brown AND puy!, now need help deciding which one to use.. Oh well.. eenie meenie mynie mo!!

Just to be literal, in my experience 'green lentils' refers to the common American lentil, which, as cookimgafterfive says, are brown. Wonder how that happened?

Here is what I read on a lavender website about the leaves:

The spikes and leaves of lavender can be used in most dishes in place of rosemary in most recipes. Use the spikes or stems for making fruit or shrimp kabobs. Just place your favorite fruit on the stems and grill.

Sorry wrong pickle