🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Zucchini Applesauce Bread

8e9bd13d 4bb6 4537 8e7f 816afd51272f  dsc 0080 2

I have a question about the recipe "Zucchini Applesauce Bread" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef.
I would like to replace part of the sugar with another ingredient, and since applesauce is already replacing part of the oil, what do you suggest?

asked by dietitian-nutritionist over 6 years ago

15e23675 44ea 4ae1 80be cb0741acd112  ehanhan4

What sort of ingredient are you thinking of replacing it with? Quick breads need sugar for structure, unless you were aiming for a honey or agave based bread recipe, I wouldn't remove much of the sugar. You COULD use a mostly unsweetened jam or fruit spread as a replacement, making an apple-fruit-zucchini bread.