🔕 🔔

Left over rice & fresh peas

I want to "freshen" some left over jasmine rice by adding some fresh peas to it. What would be the best seasonings to add, other than garam masala. Thanks a lot.

asked by DebJ over 6 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

One handy thing to keep in the 'fridge is lemon grass paste in the tube. Just a 1/2 tsp of that to leftover rice makes nice rice. You can find it in the produce section at some supermarket, I've even it at wal-mart.
IMHO, I find the paste superior than pounding fresh to mix with rice as it incorporates much better than often times tough stems of lemon grass--plus it stores well for use on demand.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

You could make a variation on risi e bisi, which usually calls for arborio rice, I believe. But it's a thought.

Ad0d3623 a28a 4793 82a8 5f1ab0a2f633  dsc00426

mint and/or parsley and/or chives and/or scallions.

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

Oh hands down this one from Mark Bittman and Jean Georges. http://www.nytimes.com... add the peas in at the end. I've done it many times with the egg for breakfast and without as a savory side dish. You could probably even wrap the rice in banana leaves and throw it on the grill.

D640141f 822f 4a52 856d b12de6fadb9f  dinner

Thanks, all for the ideas. I ended up with some scallions, a bit of butter and the peas. It worked. Your suggestions are great and will end up trying them all. Thanks again.

B997a3e0 15e1 4323 99cc bf778a6da88e  52

Fried onion,raisin and cashew in Ghee

Fc611348 34a3 4e04 83dd 380ff51f1430  53