Possible cookbook section.

Two months ago I asked the question "What to do with vegetable leavings i.e. chard, fennel, leeks" The answers were inventive, tasty and amazing. How about a section of the cookbook that gives ideas on eating the whole thing - vegetables, chicken, whatever. It would be creative, tasty, good for the environment and cost effective. Just had to share this because I keep referring back to the incredible answers. And there is so much more to learn!

asked by SKK about 7 years ago

nomnivorous

SKK, I like your idea. A "whole hog" kind of section - guidelines for stock/broth (including freezing/saving techniques), even little tricks like citrus salts and sugars for the leftover orange rinds and lemon peels! That would be SUCH a nifty resource to have in a cookbook.

Helen's All Night Diner

Love the idea!

Great idea!

There actually was a "nose to tail" theme about a year ago. Now if anyone wants my Roman style tripe recipe....

Thanks, pierino, I think I will pass on the tripe recipe for now. Glad to know about the nose to tail theme.

spuntino

Hard cheese rinds make great stocks for soups! Especially hard parm!!

I am right there with you, spuntino!