🔕 🔔

Making Cuban Roast Pork: How do you make sure the skin stays crispy while the meat stays moist?

asked by paulkog about 7 years ago

I don't make "Cuban" roast but I do make porchetta. I use a picnic shoulder with a thick layer of skin and. I first score the skin with a sharp knife. I rub it with coarse salt and then baste it during roasting process. Cooking bone in will help keep it moist.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Also you can brine the meat.

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

I make puerto rican roast pork. The best advice i've had is to finish roasting, then remove the skin and broil or roast on high heat til crisp. Best of all worlds. Pernil.