Making Cuban Roast Pork: How do you make sure the skin stays crispy while the meat stays moist?

asked by paulkog about 8 years ago

I don't make "Cuban" roast but I do make porchetta. I use a picnic shoulder with a thick layer of skin and. I first score the skin with a sharp knife. I rub it with coarse salt and then baste it during roasting process. Cooking bone in will help keep it moist.

Also you can brine the meat.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

I make puerto rican roast pork. The best advice i've had is to finish roasting, then remove the skin and broil or roast on high heat til crisp. Best of all worlds. Pernil.