🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Raspberry Rose Soufflé

Da4e9848 c871 4e8a a715 f80ef03fa8bd  raspberry souffle 08

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Raspberry Rose Soufflé" from pickyin. It says:

"Mix the corn flour with just enough water to make a smooth paste." In this case are you referring to corn starch or corn meal?

asked by whollywhit about 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I am almost certain pickyin is referring to corn starch. I doubt its corn meal.

87bdab68 800e 4898 a5bc 9ff7b23806be  pandan chiffon cake 12

Hi whollywhit, that would be cornstarch. You can also use arrowroot powder is that's more readily available where you are.

Cornstarch is easily available, I just wanted to be sure I had the right ingredient. I was pretty sure you wouldn't want to put cornmeal into a souffle but I've learned in baking to assume nothing!

Thank you. I'm so excited to make this!