A question about a recipe: Raspberry Rose Soufflé

Da4e9848 c871 4e8a a715 f80ef03fa8bd  raspberry souffle 08

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Raspberry Rose Soufflé" from pickyin. It says:

"Mix the corn flour with just enough water to make a smooth paste." In this case are you referring to corn starch or corn meal?

asked by whollywhit over 7 years ago

I am almost certain pickyin is referring to corn starch. I doubt its corn meal.

pickyin

Hi whollywhit, that would be cornstarch. You can also use arrowroot powder is that's more readily available where you are.

whollywhit

Cornstarch is easily available, I just wanted to be sure I had the right ingredient. I was pretty sure you wouldn't want to put cornmeal into a souffle but I've learned in baking to assume nothing!

Thank you. I'm so excited to make this!