🔕 🔔

Q. what kinds of cheese would you recommend for a picnic. Not too stinky and goes will with a nice pino

asked by @GerardCrichlow about 7 years ago

1d0d675a 5598 44a5 865e 32730d2a1273  186003 1004761561 1198459 n

My favorite cheese to pair with wine is a big chunk of parmesan..travels well...not stinky...and doesn't overpower the wine. A good cheesemonger will steer you to the best kind of parmesan (and don't let him sell you a big stinky blue cheese!)

Wait, you are talking to the original "stinky cheese man" here. Smellier the better. But if you are comfortable with runny cheese I'd suggest Cowgirl Creamery's "Red Hawk". Or a French "epoisses" style, washed rind cheese. I admit to being more of a cheese guy than a wine guy. Remember that cheese is a living (and dying) organism so use it quickly.

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

Manchego is mild and sturdy and would be great with pinot noir!

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I would ask Sasha - she has never steered me wrong on wine pairings!!! spinthebottleny.com

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

Manchego!

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

You have some great suggestions here but I believe you said not too stinky so I thought I would share with you the not so stinky cheeses we pair with our Oregon Pinot Noir. Camembert, Canadian Chedder, Smoked chedder, Brie, Herbed Brie Smoked Brie, and Gouda. Those are my picnic "not too Stinky" cheeses for Oregon Pinot Noir. Have fun and enjoy!

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

Noir, blanc, gris/grigio?

http://www.oregonwines...

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Aged gouda is delicious, be sure you pack a Swiss army knife. Agree with the manchego, great with fruit and/or quince paste. Cheddar is my favorite outdoor cheese (I'm from Wisconsin... you can get great cheddar from Mars Cheese Castle on the web once the weather cools down). Muenster. Fontina. St. Andre with fruit. Fresh mozzarella with a cold pack to keep it from getting icky. I guess I'm not a good narrow it down to one or two person.

B0f2c3df 9bf7 43fc 8544 eb75ba85a60e  kay at lake

Aged gouda, with honey.