🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Paule Caillat's Brown Butter Tart Crust

6e7b76a9 2c8b 4869 b75f be6970b3d9d7  062811f 424

I have a question about the recipe "Paule Caillat's Brown Butter Tart Crust" from Genius Recipes.
If I wanted to use this tart crust for a savory filling, could I just omit the sugar?

asked by lurquizo over 6 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Actually, for savory fillings, Paule recommends decreasing to a teaspoon of sugar (for sweet fillings, she calls for a tablespoon). The little bit of sugar helps keep it from being too crumbly.

Thanks so much for this question -- I'll add that note to the recipe now!

I think the sugar also helps to brown the dough.