🔕 🔔

What size tart pan would work best for this recipe?

6e7b76a9 2c8b 4869 b75f be6970b3d9d7  062811f 424

I have a question about step 5 on the recipe "Paule Caillat's Brown Butter Tart Crust" from Genius Recipes. It says:

"Once the dough is cool enough to touch, press it in to the tart mold evenly with your fingertips. "

asked by Paula and Ed Rupert over 6 years ago

At the top, above the ingredient list, it states "makes 8 1/2" or 21 cm tart shell."

However, my tart pans are 8 or 9 inches, not 8 1/2, so you could use either one, I'd think.

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I've used 9" pan successfully, but I wouldn't go any bigger than that -- the dough just barely fills out the shell.

Let us know how it goes!

C1362b8b 07ef 47b8 8001 8bf40624b56b  th southparkme2

I've used this recipe with great success ever since David Lebovitz first posted it. Unfortunately my tart pans are 11". So I multiplied the ingredients by 1.5 and it seems to work out just fine. (2x made the shell too thick). You will get rave reviews!