I want to half my brownie recipe which calls for 5 eggs. Do I use 2 eggs and a yolk? Or three eggs? Or 2 eggs and a white? Does it matte

matter??

asked by Stephanie G about 7 years ago

lakeline

I'd mix up one egg and use half of it and two whole eggs. You could measure half with a kitchen scale or small measuring cup. The yolk and whites have different baking properties, so separating them might do things to the brownies you don't want. :)

Stephanie G

I didn't know that (about the different properties)! Thanks! I will use my scale to measure.

everblessed

Depends on whether you want dense or cakey brownies...do 2 eggs for dense, 3 for cakey. Good luck!