🔕 🔔

How do you slice your flank steak?

My mom made a lot of flank steak before anyone else I knew discovered that it was flavorful and (relatively) inexpensive. Like Amanda and Merrill, she sliced against the grain. But she was also a firm proponent of a thin diagonal slice. In their video, Amanda and Merrill's slice is thicker and more vertical. Anyone have thoughts or opinions?

asked about 6 years ago

445e20c3 ae7c 4384 a5f7 c63a3b70db4d  img 2825

Slicing across the grain is key. I slice it at a slight angle (45 degree) and thinner for sandwiches and tacos and a little thicker if eating with a fork and knife.