Just got a Dutch oven and looking for inspiration.

sexyLAMBCHOPx July 21, 2011

Congrats on your new purchase. Short Ribs and Beef Stew come to my mind whenever I see my dutch oven.

sdebrango July 21, 2011

Pot roast, slow cooked pork roast...

SKK July 21, 2011

Shredded beef tacos - http://www.asweetpeachef.com/beef/shredded-tri-tip-tacos/

Here is a great recipe to break in your dutch oven.

KingKelsey
KingKelsey July 21, 2011

Mmmm bake up some mac and cheese. It's perfect for anything you want to make crispy and brown then finish up in the oven. You can do so much! I use mine all the time.

ImprovCuisine
ImprovCuisine July 21, 2011

Beef Bourguignon or spiced braised lamb.

Helen's All Night Diner

I love a good pork chile verde...

ChefJune July 21, 2011

Boeuf Bourguignon was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread title.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Aww Man! I love a Dutch Oven! Break that bad boy out on the grill. If I smoke some BBQ i put a big Dutchie of baked beans right under the meat and let the dripping rock the world.

They make the best stove top deep fryer, homemade doughnuts?
enjoy and don't forget to take it camping. that's where they truely excell. place them on hot coals and heap the coals up around the pot. we even put some coals on the lid. the interior liteally becomes an oven. a roasted chicken in a dutch oven on a campfire will make you complete!

latoscana
latoscana July 21, 2011

Slow cook sliced onions in butter forever and allow your imagination to take over when you finally have magical caramelized onions: French onion soup, caramelized onion spread or dip, onion quiche or frittata. Many options on this site: http://www.food52.com/recipes....

sarabclever
sarabclever July 22, 2011

I make huge batches of bolognese sauce, slowly simmered for as long as I can manage that day. It's amazing to watch the texture of the ground meat change as it bubbles lazily along. It freezes great too.

Meatballs&Milkshakes

My dutch oven is my favorite thing in the kitchen. It just makes meat come out right every time. I also do the bolognese, short ribs, and pot roast people have mentioned, but I would add duck ragu ( a favorite of mine-- my recipe is on my blog http://meatballsandmilkshakes.wordpress.com/2011/05/07/pappardelle-with-duck-ragu/) or any sort of meat sauce for pasta. Coq au vin is always a classic, I try to stick to Julia Child's recipe for it. Also, I've been looking forward to trying a pork shoulder for some sort of mexican food- maybe tacos or enchiladas. I'll probably try it after this heat wave ends, don't want the oven on for hours right now!