🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Paule Caillat's Brown Butter Tart Crust

6e7b76a9 2c8b 4869 b75f be6970b3d9d7  062811f 424

I have a question about step 8 on the recipe "Paule Caillat's Brown Butter Tart Crust" from Genius Recipes. It says:

"Remove carefully from oven. It is ready for filling."

If you're using this tart crust for a tart that requires further baking (like Lazy Mary's lemon tart), do you follow the same procedure? I.e., bake the crust until light brown, fill, and then bake the whole thing for a further 40 minutes? Or do you pre-bake for a shorter amount of time? Or no pre-baking at all, perhaps?

asked by David Gooblar about 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I took this from the testing notes:
We lined a 9-inch fluted tart pan with it, pricked it with a fork, filled it with pie weights and blind-baked it at 375 F for 15 minutes then removed the weights and baked it for another 10 minutes. Once the tart shell cooled we added the lemon filling and sent it back for one last turn in the oven. Start checking it at 35 minutes. - A&M

Wholefoods user icon

I would say underbake it a little. since it is a browned butter crust, I would worry with too much more browning it would start to bitter. is there any crust instructions with the lazy mary's lemon tart? IF so I would use them as exhample.