A question about a recipe: Lavender Lemon Spritzer

4a6cce6e cc0d 11e5 8e0d 3c15c2d2bb38  37 full

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Lavender Lemon Spritzer" from muddybootskitchen. It says:

"Make the lavender simple syrup. Bring the lavender, sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Simmer a few minutes or until sugar dissolves and let cool. "

Are we to simmer until the water reduces, too? Or just until the sugar is all dissolved?

asked by bottomupfood over 7 years ago

As I read it, it is just to dissolve the sugar. There is no mention there of reducing the water. As the sugar dissolves, some water will naturally reduce, and the end result is to be a "syrup," but I think you 'are reading something into the recipe that isn't there.

Apologies for the spam -- we're working to track it down.

muddybootskitchen

Yes, I simmered just until the sugar dissolved. The lavender steeps in the syrup as it cools and infuses it.