🔕 🔔

How long should I bake chicken breast for and what kind of pan is best

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 6 years ago

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

It depends on how you are preparing it, but Ina Garten has a very simple method:

Heat oven at 350 degrees. Rub the breasts with olive oil, and salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, turning the breasts if you want to. I make chicken breasts this way in my toaster oven so as not to use a ton of oven space, especially when I am preparing a dish like chicken salad, chicken enchiladas, or extra chicken for chicken soup.

Do the breasts still have the skin on and bones attached? Good. Forget about baking. You can use the marinade Bevi suggested (maybe add a little Spanish pimenton aka paprika) and saute them in a cast iron skillet or our grill outside over charcoal---like real charcoal, not briquettes. Baking poultry pieces is boring.