🔕 🔔

if i batter something, fry it, and want to eat it later can i put in the oven w/o batter going soft?

making chicken goujons and want to eat them later, if i blot the oil off later can i reheat in the oven later and get crispy batter?

asked by Abijosiah about 6 years ago

Dcca139f 78d5 41a3 b57b 6d6c96424a1c  img 7818

I often put freshly fried foods in a low oven (about 225 degrees or so) for about 20 to 30 minutes to keep them warm and crisp. If you want to wait longer than this, you might have luck reheating, but your batter may lose some of its crispness.

B0f2c3df 9bf7 43fc 8544 eb75ba85a60e  kay at lake

Agreed, you can hold them in the oven. But if you're going to be keeping for a good while, say putting them in the fridge, I'd reheat slowly in the oven, wrapped in foil, and finish off unwrapped with a high heat or a quick flash fry to crisp the batter back up.

You can hold them for a short while, but I personally have never been pleased with the "crisp" I achieve reheating fried food.