if i batter something, fry it, and want to eat it later can i put in the oven w/o batter going soft?

making chicken goujons and want to eat them later, if i blot the oil off later can i reheat in the oven later and get crispy batter?

asked by Abijosiah over 7 years ago

EmilyC

I often put freshly fried foods in a low oven (about 225 degrees or so) for about 20 to 30 minutes to keep them warm and crisp. If you want to wait longer than this, you might have luck reheating, but your batter may lose some of its crispness.

Kayb

Agreed, you can hold them in the oven. But if you're going to be keeping for a good while, say putting them in the fridge, I'd reheat slowly in the oven, wrapped in foil, and finish off unwrapped with a high heat or a quick flash fry to crisp the batter back up.

You can hold them for a short while, but I personally have never been pleased with the "crisp" I achieve reheating fried food.