Arugula as a side dish, not salad.

Ideas for arugula as a side dish to a chicken tagine. I have a lot of arugula I need to use up but have ODed on salad this week. Thanks!

the professor
the professor July 28, 2011

i like to toss a couple handfuls of arugula in with very basic pasta with lemon sauce (giada de laurentis--not usually my favorite--has a nice recipe for lemon pasta, but not with arugula. that's my addition!). the heat from the past wilts the arugula, and you end up with a tangy and spicy pasta. maybe with orzo, as your side dish?

beyondcelery
beyondcelery July 28, 2011

Brush a pizza crust or flat bread with olive oil. Scatter on arugula, goat cheese, lemon zest, fresh basil leaves, and slices of firm peach. Drizzle all over with a little more olive oil and some honey. Bake at 400F about 15-20 minutes, until crispy. It's a great appetizer or side dish.

Sam1148 July 28, 2011

Chop it cook it lightly with some garlic, olive oil..and bread crumbs. Mix with some feta cheese crumbled and cook that in mushroom caps or stuffed zucchini and bake with some more bread crumbs on top.

dawnviola
dawnviola July 28, 2011

It makes a great pesto. Run it through the food processor with only oil. Store it in the frig and as the week goes on, flavor it to fit whatever region of cooking you're doing.