🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cherry Almond Torte

3f65c236 3ad1 4f5f b74b 668e9af28879  cherry torte

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Cherry Almond Torte" from Rivka. It says:

"Halve dough and form each half into a disk. Wrap disks in plastic and chill until firm, at least 1 hour"

I hardly ever buy plastic wrap and generally try to get by without. For most recipes, it's pretty easy to avoid, but I wonder if anyone has good ideas about how to get around this part of most pie crust instructions? With bread, sometimes covering with a damp tea towel can take the place of covering with plastic. But, that doesn't seem like a good idea if the dough will be in contact with the towel . Thoughts?

asked by withinseason over 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I find that wax paper works well as an alternative.

4d625ded d965 42c7 b1ee ec9d7dc7fb4e  profilepic

Wax paper, tin foil, or plastic bags (if you have them).