A question about a recipe: Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter

0fd42e61 84ca 4010 949c d9633b9f0715  md qkywxorbhdiml4ku5nw2mhd702 yp 5 n51owsxu

I have a question about the recipe "Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter" from Genius Recipes. Can this sauce be frozen?

asked by KirstenS over 7 years ago

francesca gilberti
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

Frozen, canned ... you name it. It should be fine, if left out to defrost au natural. Good luck!

BakerMary

Just asked this question over at the recipe. I think because of the butter, it should only be frozen, but oh, I am unsure.

I just made this sauce Saturday. I'm sure you can freeze it. Like Francesca, I'd let it defrost naturally (but in the fridge).

Marcella Hazan

Why would you want to? It takes so little to make it fresh.

Add your answer here