🔕 🔔

Does anyone know what cut of meat is used for kalbi? Is it a specialty cut?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

It is usually made with short ribs and you can use beef or pork.

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

Skirt steak would be the best cut, although I have to admit that I submitted a food52 contest recipe using flank steak, which works very well but is more expensive. You can also use a flanken cut which is really cheap.

Short ribs, cut thinly lenthwise against the bone. It is also labeled Flanken in non Asian grocers (not to be confused with flank steak, although that is a fine substitute.)