A question about a recipe: Classic Peach Pie

I have a question about step 7 on the recipe "Classic Peach Pie" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. It says:

"This pie freezes well BEFORE baking. If you'd like to store it in a freezer make sure it wrapped well in plastic wrap so no air can reach it. Then, cover it with a layer of aluminum foil. We usually freeze these for up to 6 months."

What are the cooking instructions for a frozen pie....temp and time?

• Posted by: Lynda
  • August 5, 2011
4ab7f84c cc0d 11e5 ae28 3c15c2d2bb38  49 full
Recipe question for: Classic Peach Pie

Greenstuff August 5, 2011

I see this is urgent and no one has stepped up, so I will. At least you can get going. I'd just bake it as directed, and figure that it will take 15 minutes or so longer than it otherwise would. Just keep a watch, and take it out when it's browned and bubbly.

Dorie Greenspan
Dorie Greenspan August 5, 2011

I'm with Greenstuff on this one. Put the pie on a parchment- or silicone-lined baking sheet and bake as directed. If it looks like the crust is browning too quickly, cover the pie loosely with a foil tent. Because it was frozen, it might take a little longer to bake but, as Greenstuff said, you'll know it's down when it's browned and bubbly.