Grilling Chorizo

Just curious if anyone has tried grilled chorizo. I am thinking something simple like grilled skewer with chorizo, peppers and bread. I have used regular sausage so I am sure the chorizo will be fine but just looking for some feedback. Is it too hard of a sausage to grill?

asked by Lucia from Madison almost 7 years ago

nogaga

I think it depends on which chorizo you have in mind. The Spanish chorizo, which is pretty much salami-like in texture, might dry out grilled, but Argentine chorizo was made for grilling!

Lucia from Madison

Hi It is a Portugese chorizo...

If you are referring to a Portuguese type chorizo, for cooking you will want a semi-cured rather than hard chorizo. There are different styles. Chorizo is as vague a term as sausage.

nogaga

Hi Lucia, sounds like its Iberian chorizo... not deal for the grill... You can cook it in s guiso or cazuela (casserole?) on the grill