🔕 🔔

Grilling Chorizo

Just curious if anyone has tried grilled chorizo. I am thinking something simple like grilled skewer with chorizo, peppers and bread. I have used regular sausage so I am sure the chorizo will be fine but just looking for some feedback. Is it too hard of a sausage to grill?

asked by Lucia from Madison over 6 years ago

496e3e21 39ca 4097 9452 893af2b65dbb  port2

I think it depends on which chorizo you have in mind. The Spanish chorizo, which is pretty much salami-like in texture, might dry out grilled, but Argentine chorizo was made for grilling!

27deb974 3b33 4f19 b966 dc79321a31b1  photo for web

Hi It is a Portugese chorizo...

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

If you are referring to a Portuguese type chorizo, for cooking you will want a semi-cured rather than hard chorizo. There are different styles. Chorizo is as vague a term as sausage.

Hi Lucia, sounds like its Iberian chorizo... not deal for the grill... You can cook it in s guiso or cazuela (casserole?) on the grill