🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread

0a8595c7 f784 4982 8dce d028f6ffe3fd  041310f 799

I have a question about the ingredient "3 – 3 ¼ cup bread flour (You may need just a bit more for kneading.)" on the recipe "Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread" from AntoniaJames. - I just have AP flour around. Can I just use in kind, or do I have to modify amounts or add something in addition?

asked by dahliat about 6 years ago

All-purpose flour should work fine, substituting one for one. If you have some "vital gluten" powder, you could add a tablespoon of that, too, but don't worry about it if you don't. Have fun!! ;o)

i used ap flour when i made the bread several months ago and it worked great! my sister loved the loaf and begged me to make it again.

The bread came out great. Thanks!

That's wonderful!. I'm so glad it worked out for you, dahliat (and also mcd2). Thank you for letting me know. ;o)