A question about a recipe: Raspberry Swamp Pie

B364b209 5cfd 4a47 940e 353fa97b92ff  food52 07 05 11 168

I have a question about the ingredient "raspberries" on the recipe "Raspberry Swamp Pie" from amanda. Can you use frozen fruit or does it have to be fresh? Seems like this would be just as tasty in the winter when only frozen fruit is available

asked by Sarah Fuller about 7 years ago

mainecook61

Only Amanda can say for sure as regards her recipe, but I do freeze raspberries in quantity from my patch and use them just like fresh (in baked goods) all year. (Do not defrost them.) Maybe you'd need 5 minutes more baking time.

I haven't tried it with frozen fruit but I don't see why it wouldn't work, because even with fresh fruit, the fruit breaks down in the baking.