What's the best way to roast a spaghetti squash? If I cut in half and roast cut-side down, it seems too watery. If I roast cut-side up, it seems tough. Any suggestions?

aargersi October 15, 2010

I have roasted cut side up with some broth in the hole, and basted now and again, that works pretty well!

pierino October 15, 2010

Yes, cut side up. I first brush it with some butter and then add grated parmigiano before shoving it in the oven.

AntoniaJames October 15, 2010

It depends, really, on how you are using it. If you want heavier caramelization but more moisture, roast it on a good, heavy dark baking sheet, cut side down. (I leave the seeds and fibers around them in, by the way, when roasting skin side down.) If moisture is an issue in your recipe or intended use, roast it skin side up. ;o)

AlainB
AlainB October 15, 2010

I cut it and brush with olive oil, roast side up, and I've never had an issue where it gets tough. I cook it at 400 for about 45 mins, or until tender.